Your Source for Wood Tools, Ideas & Projects
Checkout what Weekend Wood Warrior & Partners Have To Offer You
Everyday Provides Woodworkers a Perfect Opportunity to Tackle Special Projects!
Imagine the feeling of pride for you, the woodworker, when you take the opportunity to tackle that special project that has been in your sites for some time and/or recently just caught your interest? Every day is the time to tackle that special project with your own 2 hands whether simply for your own enjoyment, or for a lucky recipient; (perhaps a piece of furniture, a toy or, just something whimsical).
Picture a child starring with wide eyes at a shiny new hand built toy you just made, such as a rocking horse or toy chest. Or perhaps your spouse would be excited by a well crafted headboard, night table or special piece of furniture. Have you thought of making, a Bar-B-Q prep stand or an outdoor chair for a best friend, (or just yourself), to replace that non-existent or worn out, outdoor embarrassment that has long outlived its usefulness?
Do you have the right tools that you will need for your project?
Perhaps you received that great tool as a gift and/or the money to buy exactly what you want? If so, put those new tools to good use, (please take a peek at what we can offer through our partners). Owning the right tools for the job is a must whether a hand tool, a power tool or the perfect wood project plan. Fortunately you are at the right place where we can assist and enable you to tackle and enjoy your Fall wood projects.
Why is now the perfect opportunity for the novice or an experienced woodworker?
To start with, spare time or a planned schedule can offer an abundance of time to pursue and enjoy the rewards of woodworking. Whether Spring, Summer, Fall or Winter you, the woodworker, can make any project perfect. With a little preparation, along with the right woodworker supplies, hand tools, power tools and wood plans, (you can quickly determine what materials are needed plus have illustrated step-by-step detailed instructions), you will be able to tackle that that favorite project with ease and enjoy the process as well.
Planning your Project
Something I have realized over the years; "well executed projects are planned, they do not just happen". Planning can help you reduce wasted time going back and forth to the store for example or simply wasting project time searching for a tool. A detailed wood project plan with diagrams and instructions is can help you plan.
Take 15 minutes and look through the many Weekend Wood Warrior project plans where you will be able to select a project plan to build what you had in mind or obtain a similar plan that may help guide you from beginning to finishing when building your wood project.
Once you have decided on the one or more projects to build, follow these simple steps to success:
The first word of the day is “planning”, determine when and how much time you can devote to your projects;
- Determine the size and type of materials you require from one of our plans or your own rough drawing;
- Decide where you will be able to build your project. Consider the building steps as well as the finishing process, (A level area works best for cutting and assembling, a dust free area is ideal when applying finishes);
- Next, buy the materials you need, whether you purchase everything up front or just before a step does not matter as long as you plan on what you will need in advance, (stain and sealer will be later in your project);
- Collect the required hand tools and/or power tools for your project (including pencil and paper);
- Plan each step such as: select the ideal material and sizes based upon the plans or your measurements for your project;
- Always measure twice before cutting, I have made projects that were smaller than intended when I did not check measurements first before cutting;
- Sanding is an important step when building any wood project, always sand with the grain and use different grades of paper (A hint: the lower the Grit number the coarser the paper);
- Preassemble parts before finally gluing or fastening to ensure a good fit and feel;
- Attaching like pieces together will make assembly easier. Equally as important choose adhesive conducive to the final environment;
- Finishing is usually the final and most important step. Choose a durable and attractive finishing product, (follow the manufacturer’s directions), and do not rush each step/coat;
- Most importantly: when done, step back and look at what you just made and enjoy the fact you are ahead of schedule.
Whether a novice or an experienced woodworker; whatever project plan you decide upon, elaborate or simple, avoid challenges through planning and sourcing the correct woodworking supplies, hand tools, power tools, materials and plans which help make your wood project both fun and rewarding.
By following the above you will experience how everday provides woodworkers a perfect opportunity to tackle any special projects and enjoy the process of building something out of wood with your own two hands.